What information do we collect about you?
A recording containing your image or likeness.
On occasion, we may be passed one or more of:
- Your name
- Your photograph
- A description of you
if one of our stakeholders have an interest in speaking to you.
Why do we collect this information?
You have been within the vicinity of the CCTV installation which we operate in the Rugby Business Improvement District (BID).
We make recordings containing your image or likeness under our legitimate interest of operating a CCTV installation that promotes the safety of Rugby’s residents, businesses and visitors to the town.
Where do we get your information from?
In the main, we collect your Personal Data from you directly when you are recorded by one of the CCTV cameras we operate.
Occasionally, Warwickshire Police may have passed your name, photograph and/or description to us if you are someone they are interested in speaking to.
We may have also received an image or description of you from the ShopNet or Pubwatch schemes operating in Rugby.
Who might we share your information with?
We will share your Personal Data with Warwickshire Police or Rugby Borough Council when they explicitly ask for access, and we deem their request appropriate.
From time to time, we may also share your Personal Data with an individual or business (and possibly their insurers) if they wish to bring a civil claim concerning an incident that you have been involved in, and which we have recorded.
What do we do with your information?
We process your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Reducing the fear of crime
- Deterring and preventing crime
- Assisting in the maintenance of public order and reducing offences involving vandalism and nuisance
- Providing high quality evidence which may assist in the detection of crime and apprehension and prosecution of offenders
- Protecting property
- Providing assistance with civil claims
- Providing assistance with issues relating to public safety and health
- Providing assistance and reassurance to the public in emergency situations
How long do we keep hold of your information?
Recordings containing your image or likeness will generally be retained for up to 30 days.
If you appear in a recording of a specific incident which we have monitored, this will be retained for up to 3 months.
Should you feature in a recording that is required as evidence to support a criminal or civil claim, this will be retained for up to 3 years.
What are your rights?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and:
- Ask us to provide a copy of the Personal Data for you that we hold or process.
- Request that we make a correction to the Personal Data for you that we hold or process.
- Object to our processing of your Personal Data.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your Personal Data; or our handling of a related request you can complain to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or contact them by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
You also have the right to take legal action if you are not satisfied with our handling of your Personal Data; or how we deal with a related request.
What are our contact details?
This Privacy Notice is issued by Rugby First Limited.
Our principal place of business is Suite 3, First Floor, Bloxam Court, Corporation Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 2DU.
You can contact us:
- By post, using the postal address given above.
- By Telephone, on the contact number published on our website.
- By email using email@example.com